Why should you invest in indoor plants
By: Siya Bhatia
Indoor plants are good for your health and not just for their visual beauty. Having indoor plants is the simplest way to bring nature into your household.
Indoor plants have infinite benefits:
- Boost mood, productivity, concentration and creativity
- Reduce stress, fatigue, sore throats and colds
- Clean indoor air by absorbing toxins, increasing humidity and producing oxygen
- Add life to a sterile office, give privacy and reduce noise levels
- Are therapeutic and cheaper than a therapist
Also, air pollution is definitely not a thing to be ignored. We are all familiar with the health impact, air pollution has on us.
Extensive research by NASA has revealed that houseplants can remove up to 87 percent of air toxins in 24 hours.
To create your perfect green space at your home, it’s worthwhile spending a little bit of time researching the plants that are best suited for the home environment. Here are a few things to be kept in mind:
- Choose the right plants
- Beware of too much sun
- Plants style up even the most boring rooms.
Here are a few of the best indoor plants:
1. The Snake plant purifies the air by absorbing toxins through the leaves and producing pure oxygen.
2. Another plant, Peace lily has absorbed the pollutants from the air through their leaves, then sends them to their roots, where they’re broken down by microbes in the soil.
3. The top air purifying plant as ranked by a NASA study is the Areca palm tree. It continuously removes chemical toxins from the air.
4. Aloe vera is easy to maintain succulent which caters to health, beauty and your home decor all at once.
(On 50 years of Earth Day – join us in making India’s largest climate action manifesto. #FiftyForFifty. Connect with us and tell what step are you taking for climate action?)